Summer is here at last and Béaba have some great new recipes for babies and toddlers that can be easily prepared in your Babycook® Steamer Blenders. Keep reading for some ideas on what to do with this season's produce, including exotic fruits, broccoli and courgettes.
BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
- 1 cup/100g pasta (of choice)
- 1 cup/75g broccoli florets
- ½ cup fresh basil or parsley
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup/60g grated Parmesan cheese or substitute
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- First add the pasta to the Béaba Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 and add 1/2 cup/120ml water to the insert with the pasta. Steam cook. Once steamed, place the pasta into a bowl and set aside.
- Then, add the broccoli to the Béaba Babycook® steaming basket and fill the water reservoir to level 1, and steam cook.
- Carefully open the lid, discard the water at the bottom of the blending bowl and then tip the broccoli into the blending bowl.
- Add the remaining pesto ingredients into the bowl and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Tip the pesto into the bowl with the pasta and toss to combine.
- You can blend this down to your babies preferred texture, you may want to add a splash of their usual milk.
- This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
COURGETTE, COD & PARMESAN
SUITABLE FROM 7 MONTHS
- Half courgette
- 30g cod fillet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Wash and grate the courgette.
- Place in Beaba Babycook® pasta/rice cooker with the cod on top.
- Fill the reservoir to level 3. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Up to 9 months: When cooked, place in the Béaba Babycook® and blend in the with the olive oil to a smooth purée.
- For older children, from 9 months: place the cooked food on a plate, break up the cod into small pieces, and serve with a little grated Parmesan cheese.
MANGO, PINEAPPLE & ORANGE LOLLIES
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 can full-fat tinned coconut milk or 1 cup/240ml milk of your choice
- 1. Add all the ingredients to the blending bowl of the Béaba Babycook® and blend until creamy.
- 2. Pour the mixture evenly into the Beaba multiportion.
- 3. Pop a lolly stick into each section and freeze for a minimum of 5 hours, ideally overnight, until set.