Summer is here at last and Béaba have some great new recipes for babies and toddlers that can be easily prepared in your Babycook® Steamer Blenders. Keep reading for some ideas on what to do with this season's produce, including peaches, lamb and courgettes.
SUITABLE FROM 12 MONTHS
- 400g Lamb, minced
- 1 Small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 15 g Fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground allspice
- Rapeseed oil
- Mince the onion, with the garlic, parsley and spices in your Béaba Babycook®.
- Combine the mince lamb with the mixture in a bowl and shape into equal size balls. The patty can be refrigerated until cooking for up to one day.
- Sear the patty in batches in a pan with a little bit of rapeseed oil until golden brown.
- Place on a lined baking tray and into the pre-heated oven (200C) for up to 10 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Serve with a creme fraiche dip & pitta sticks or sweet potato wedges
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ courgette, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- A handful of spinach, finely chopped
- 1 heaped tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup/100g risotto rice
- 1 ½ cups/360ml low salt/no salt vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ cup/45g parmesan cheese
- Add the carrots, courgette, onion, spinach and garlic to the Béaba Babycook® steaming basket and fill the water reservoir to level 2, and steam cook.
- Carefully open the lid, discard the water at the bottom of the Béaba Babycook® blending bowl and then tip the cooked veggies into a pan and set aside.
- Add the risotto rice to the Béaba Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 and add 1 1/2 cups/360ml vegetable stock to the insert with the risotto rice. Steam cook.
- Once steamed, carefully open the lid, place the cooked rice into the pan with the veggies.
- Pour in the water at the bottom of the Béaba Babycook® blending bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the butter and Parmesan cheese, stirring until everything is well combined.
- Serve and enjoy! Or you can blend this down to your babies preferred texture if you like.
- This can be stored in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
PEACH, RASPBERRY & QUINOA PURÉE
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
- 1/2 cup/90g quinoa
- 1 peach, chopped
- ½ cup/60g raspberries
- First add the quinoa and 1/2 cup/120ml water to the Beaba Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker insert. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 and steam cook.
- Once steamed, transfer the cooked quinoa to the Béaba Babycook® blending bowl.
- Add the chopped peach and raspberries and blitz to purée to your babies preferred texture.
- This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days and frozen for up to 3 months.