Preparing for your baby's arrival? We've put together this handy checklist to save you some thinking, and to make sure you don't forget anything important!
Tips for packing your hospital bag
1. Consider separate hospital bags for you and your baby. In the midst of a tiring labour, it'll save you rooting around amongst a pile of sleepsuits and blankets for that hairband you're SURE you packed.
2. Pop your baby's first outfit in a clear bag and label it, making it really easy to find.
3. Take plenty of snacks - if you get admitted at night, you probably won't get fed until the next day.
4. Don't forget to pack some essentials for your partner - a change of clothes and a toothbrush will help them feel a bit fresher after a long night.
5. Bring a plastic bag to put your dirty clothes in.
6. Don't underestimate the amount of spare knickers to bring!
7. In COVID times, it might be tempting to pack some cleaning supplies, but the hospital will have plenty of these. Just make sure you bring your face masks and a bottle of hand sanitizer to keep close by.