Wool Care GuideWe work extra hard on our wool products to ensure they stand the test of time, and with a little love and care, you’ll get plenty of wear out of them. As long as you follow the care label, you shouldn’t have any knitwear nightmares; but if you need more advice on how to look after your knits, this handy wool guide has all the washing and care tips you’ll need.
- Wash wool less often, wool is self-regulating and doesn’t need washing regularly.
- Try to spot-clean where possible by blotting with a damp cloth.
- Knitwear can vary, always read the care label carefully.
- Fold, rather than hang woollen garments to prevent dropping and misshaping.
- Store knits in a cool, dry place, and not too tightly packed, to allow the fabric to breathe.
- Help ward off moths by storing knitwear with lavender or a cedar ball.
- Set the machine to a wool cycle no hotter than 30°.- Use a gentle, specialist wool laundry detergent.
- Add the laundry detergent to the tray rather than the drum.
- For extra delicate pieces, use a mesh laundry bag to protect the garment from the drum.
- Do not overload the machine.
- Do not use any bleach.- If in doubt, hand wash in cold water.
- Gently reshape the garment while wet to remove creases and folds.
- Let the garment dry flat.
- Allow the garment to air-dry.
- Never tumble dry.
Contrary to popular belief, pilling (or bobbling) is not due to poor quality. Bobbles appear after washing and are simply caused by friction from a washing cycle or abrasion from wear. Almost all knitwear will bobble at some stage, but you can easily remove bobbles with the JoJo Knitwear Comb.
It’s best to prevent shrinkage in the first place as it can be difficult to unshrink wool back to its original size. Always take care to read the care label, wash on a gentle, cool cycle and avoid heat from tumble dryers and irons.
Max Limit Reached
You have reached your limit of 0 items. Please review your Favourites List to keep this item.
Sign in or Register an account to save these items permanently.
Please try again
Favourites currently unavailable
Add to Favourites
Remove from Favourites
This item has been added/removed from a user's Favourites List.
Not already logged in? Sign Out
Are you sure you want to navigate away from this site?
If you navigate away from this siteyou will lose your shopping bag and its contents.
There are no Recently Viewed items to show.
Items will appear here as you view them. You can then select the images to revisit the items.
Oops' Something's gone wrong! Please try again